Wednesday, July 25, 2007

JourneyEd.com

Some of you have contacted our office because you we're trying to purchase software from JourneyEd.com and needed "proof of academic status/valid academic ID." I spoke to one of their customer service reps who said that a copy of your acceptance letter would fulfill this requirement - you can take it out of the frame now :-)

Can someone is trying to get software from JourneyEd.com submit their acceptance letter as proof and let the blog know if it works.

Thanks and I hope you're all enjoying the last bit of summer.

Maria Demmler

2 comments:

Stacey Barron said...

I emailed them a copy of my acceptance letter this afternoon. I am awaiting their response if it is adequate proof. Thanks Maria!

-Stacey

Stacey Barron said...

JourneyEd.com accepted the copy of the acceptance letter as proof.

Thanks for you help!

-Stacey