Friday, June 8, 2007

Any other midwesterners?

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lacy and I'm 24 from Madison, Wisconsin. I graduated from UW-Madison in 2005 majoring in Bacteriology and have since been doing research at the hospital there. I've lived near Madison my whole life so I'm really looking forward to exploring a new place. My only time in Philly was the 21 hrs I was there to interview, but I liked what I saw. : )I'm pretty laid back and like to keep busy finding new things to do.

I don't have a place to live yet, but I'd like to live with 1 or 2 other med students. I don't think I'll have a car, so I was hoping to find a place a reasonable distance from the school that I could use public transport. I like to go out and be social. I'm not a party animal but I'm not a recluse either, so I'd like to live with similar people. I like photography, music, being outdoors, traveling, good wine, and good conversation (kinda sounds like a dating ad, right).

Anyways, I joined the Temple group on facebook, so friend me if you want. I look forward to meeting you all! Feel free to contact me about living situations too! I might take a trip out near the end of July to apartment hunt.

-Lacy

1 comment:

Inga S. Aikman said...

Hi Lacy,
My name is Inga Aikman, and I saw your posting on the blog. I am trying to help another student, Lena Wong, find a roommate for a two bedroom apartment that is a duplex with a one bedroom apartment. The one bedroom apartment is on the ground floor and basement, while the two bedroom apartment is the upper two floors. The apartment is located on Wallace Street which is a little north of downtown. The building was just completed in April of this year so everything is new. The kitchen has a refridge, stove, garbage disposal, microwave and dishwasher. There is also a washer and dryer. The apartment also has a central air system and hard wood floors. The neighborhood is also very quiet.The rent runs $1250 a month. The bus runs on the street right infornt of the property and goes directly to Temple Med. The apartment is also only five minutes walk from the subway.

You can give me a call at 305-283-6290 or just reply to this email. Lena's email is lwong@eden.rutgers.edu and her cell number is 732-447-7367. She also has a description posted on the blog. If you are interested or if you know anyone that is interested, please let either of us know as soon as possible! She needs to fill this spot quickly.

Thanks,
Inga Aikman