Sunday, June 10, 2007

Art Museum District Living and Safety Question

Hi everyone. I was looking for apartments yesterday and found one on 21st and Spring Garden. I'm not from Philadelphia so I don't know much about the area except what I read. My question is to those who know about the area and whether or not I should feel safe in a first floor apartment on busy Spring Garden St.

Obviously it is in the city, so there is always the increased risk of crime with that... but I was just hoping to get some input from those of you who know the area... especially if you know anyone or have lived in an apartment near there before.

Thanks for any help and look forward to meeting all of you in August.

- Joe

3 comments:

Kemdi said...

that area should be reasonably safe. it is fairly close to center city and the police hq is just a few blocks away. should be safer than the med and main campuses anyway.

Pamela said...

hey, I've lived a 5 min walk from 21 and spring garden for the past 2 1/2 years. it's safe, day or night. I have a bunch of friends who live on Spring Garden and none of them have had any problems. if you have any more specific questions, email me at pamelavalenza@gmail.com

zachr said...

Joe,
I'm just moving around the corner from you (18th and Callowhill, Callowhill is one block south of Spring Garden). So far everything looks good to me. The area seems busy and filled with people and police. If you have any questions, let me know, zachr@temple.edu.

Zach