Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hello From Texas

Hello everybody I’m Scott from Texas…Don’t know if there will be many other people from Texas at Temple. I graduated from Texas Tech in 06 and live in Fort Worth right now. My significant other and I went to Philly a couple a weeks ago and we were kind of skeptical about it but we really enjoyed the city. We found a nice apartment in Manayunk called The Glen at Shawmont Station. It doesn’t seem too far from Temple and it is close to her school PCOM also. I’m going to be enjoying my summer until I have to pack up my stuff in an U-Haul and drive it all the way up there. Can’t wait to meet everybody!

1 comment:

Jason Andersen said...

Hey Scott,

Good to hear that another southerner will be in the class.
Although I've spent 5 of my last 6 years living in/around Boston for college and post-college work, I grew up in Atlanta and spent all of my pre-college life in NC, VA or GA. I just visited Philly this weekend with my girlfriend (who is also in the incoming class) and we found a place in rittenhouse sq. I agree with you that I was skeptical about the temple med area at first, but manayunk and center city seem like great places. also, not sure if you were on the 2nd look day, but a panel of the current students pretty much alleviated all concerns raised by prospective students about the safety of the temple med area. anyways, just wanted to say hi and i'll meet you in the fall. have a good summer.

Jason