Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Greetings from Brooklyn!!

Hey all!!!!!... I have been reading everybody's posts and I have become really excited to meet all of you guys in August. Well the formalities first... My name is Karimah. I am originally from New York City (Brooklyn to be exact.) I graduated from the University of Maryland in 2005. After that, I spent a year doing bioresearch/biodefense work for the government. Since August of last year, I have been living back at home in NYC and now I work as an EMT. I do have an apartment set up for this year(hopefully) in the Mt. Airy section. I would be willing to carpool if anyone else lived in that area. It is near Drexel's Med School, so it is near the Alden Park Apartments and such. By second year, I hope to be a roommate with one or more of you guys. I really am looking forward to meeting, learning, and studying with you guys. See you August 6th!!!! :) FYI, I am on myspace... myspace.com/karimah_rimah....

6 comments:

Lauren Talemal (Orientation Coordinator) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Talemal (Orientation Coordinator) said...

I would definitely be up for car pooling :) I will be living at Alden Park so that works out really well if you want to car pool. I also think I'll be looking for a roomate for second year. That way we can all get to know each other and figure it out from there. When are you moving into your apartment?

Miss K said...

Oh, thats great!! :)
I'm moving in August 1... its called the McCollum.. its only about 5-10 min. from you.... when are you moving in?

Lauren Talemal (Orientation Coordinator) said...

I'll be moving in July 1st, but I'll probably stay at my parents until mid July since I'll still be working and it's closer to their house (it's only 20 min. from my apartment so I'll be going back and forth to get things ready). I've heard of the McCollum...so yay for having a carpool! I also know of another girl who may be interested :)

Miss K said...

that sounds great!!
are you excited about august? cuz i am!!... where are you from originally?... im on facebook... friend me, if ur on there too...

Sari Landman said...

Hey Karima! That's awesome that you're from Brooklyn. My boyfriend lives in Bay Ridge so I'm there almost every weekend. Would you be interested in meeting up for lunch or coffee or something? You can e-mail me at sari.landman@gmail.com or IM me at RedNfreckly21.