Monday, June 4, 2007

Intro and Question

Hi everyone,

Just a quick intro if anyone cares. I'm from 25 from Los Angeles, graduated from UCLA in 2005, and been working there for the past two years. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

A question about the laptop requirement. Does it have to be a laptop?? I got a desktop that meets the requirement, and a laptop that is basically a glorified type writer. I really don't want to spend the money on getting souped up laptop if I can just use my desktop instead.

2 comments:

Irene Chen said...

the reason they probably want the laptop is they want us to bring it to school to take it. however, probably not EVERYONE has the financial capability to buy a brand new laptop, and they probably have school computers or something we can use in the library.

Call them up and ask?

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I have a brand new desktop that exceeds all of the requirements. But from what I understand, you need a laptop that meets these requirements because you will be taking the USMLE exams with it, as well as using it in labs, etc. So my guess is we need to have one that's at least close to the requirements so we can run the required software.