Sunday, May 20, 2007

hello!

so I've made a few comments on peoples' posts and figured I would make a short introduction here. I grew up in a Philly suburb and graduated from Temple (B.A. Anthropology) last year. I've been living in an apt in the art museum area for the past 2 1/2 years and love it. I have a car and will be driving to school if anyone wants to carpool. Other than that, I like spending time with my dog and finding random fun things to do in the city. Hopefully I'll meet some of you this summer! If you have any questions about living in the city or just want to say hi, email me at pamelavalenza@gmail. com

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Pamela, my names Mel. I posted earlier. I was hoping you could answer a question for me since you've lived in Philly and have a pet. I will be coming with two cats, which have normally been outdoor cats. would you happen to know if there are areas near the city where I could live that cats might be able to go outside or do you think they will have to become indoor...sort of an odd question I know. I'll be visiting the city in June so hopefully I'll get to know it better then, but any advice you have I would be great.
thanks
mel

Pamela said...

hey! not an odd question at all :o) The most residential part of the city is Chestnut Hill but it's sort of a pain to commute from there. Also, East Falls has more trees and open space than other neighborhoods in the city but you run the risk of them getting attacked by strays (which there are a lot of) or getting hit by a car (sorry to sound morbid). So, to be honest, if they were my cats, I wouldn't risk their safety even if being an outdoor cat is more enjoyable. Hope that helps! If you want to meet up or need any help when you're visiting, just give me a call! 215-704-7924

Pam