Friday, May 18, 2007

Living in Roxborough/Manayunk Area

Hey everyone, my name is Brett and I just graduated from Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. I am originally from Tuxedo, NY, which is in Orange County near Rockland and Westchester counties. If anyone is from around there and wants to get together this summer let me know. I have visited Roxborough numerous times now to look at Summit Park, Woodmere, and other apartment complexes (summitparkcommunities.com). I just got a one bedroom apartment at Woodmere for about $1000 per month with everything included. The room is a great size and many others including studios and two-bedrooms are available. There is an outdoor pool and across the street is summit park which has two pools, a beach volleyball court, tennis courts, and a clubhouse. Both Summit Park and Woodmere are owned by the same company so everyone has access to both facilities. I had heard that a lot of graduate students, specifically temple medical and dental students live there and I even saw a few during my visits. Plenty of parking is available at the complex and I think it's about a 15-20 minute drive to campus, but I'm sure everyone can carpool. There's also a shuttle bus that runs from Woodmere to downtown Manayunk so that we can go to restaurants and bars without having to drive. If anyone has any questions about the area let me know although I've only been there a few times.

No comments: