Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Playing follow the leader

Whatsup everybody my name is Gabe Smith and I will also be joining you all next year at TUSM in Philly! Just wanted to introduce myself... I grew up in Eugene Oregon and went to undergrad in my backyard at the University of Oregon. I'm still 21 (turning 22 soon!) and I'm excited to move out of the area for a few years. My interests are rather far and wide... pretty laid back guy and I enjoy my nightlife scene in balance with school. I've been involved in athletics since I was about 8 and I played lacrosse at the UO... Just to list off a few of my favorite past times/interests... backpacking, cycling, lacrosse, football, basketball, weight lifting, video games (counterstrike, fifa, ncaa football, and old school 64 are my favs), entourage, rome, daily show/colbert report, beirut, foosball, pool. I'm planning on doing a little road trip from Eugene to Philadelphia with my truck and a U-haul starting somewhere around the first of July. I'll be trying to make it into Philly around mid-July so I can have a few weeks to get settled into an apartment/house or something. Should be a crazy trip! Anyways, I am still looking for a place to post up for the upcoming year and I've done some searching and found some chill spots in East Falls and Center City. I'd like to either get a 2, 3, or 4 bedroom house/apartment. I have a 2006 Tacoma that I'll be bringing out to school so carpooling is an option if anyone is down. Here are some links to some places I've been checking out.

http://www.phillyapartmentco.com/renter/prop-view
?rid=QrOXx0ZOZcwh9BTd;pid=QrOXx0LlDUckmgDP

and

http://www.phillyapartmentco.com/renter/prop-view
?rid=QrOXx0ZOZcwh9BTd;pid=QrOXx0KDoRAwGgCo

(copy/paste one line at a time... the blog was cutting it off so I had to break it up, sorry!)

I was thinking about making a quick trip to Philly after graduation (which is super late for me... June 16) in the third week of June to check out options.

If anyone is interested in snagging a place just give a shout to me at my e-mail, gsmith2@uoregon.edu. The more the merrier. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you when I get back there! Oh and I'm on facebook and whatever so feel free to drop a line.

No comments: