Thursday, May 24, 2007

HOLA!

Hi Friends,
So, if anyone actually sits there and reads these, good, cuz I have and it's been great getting to "know" some of you. My name is Luis Garcia, I'm 22, and I live in Owings Mills which is a suburb of Baltimore in Maryland. Any Marylanders? Baltimorians? I graduated with a BA in Theology and a BS in Bio from Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio. My family is Puerto Rican (hence the "hola") and I do speak fluent spanish. I like doing missionary work in foreign countries, tennis, traveling, learning and growing in my faith, The Office, spending time with my family, writing poetry, photography, biking, and pretty much any type of medical service work. I'd like to live in East Falls and be able to drive to school, so i'll be reading more posts to see if I can find someone to live with. I'd love to meet any of you in the next few months, although the whole month of July I will be in NYC working at a shelter for formerly-homeless men. If anyone is around NYC, send me an email and I could show you around. I'm all about the "chill" night life, like jazz clubs, salsa dancing, a quiet pub, maybe some hookah...you get the idea. Overall people say I'm a pretty laid back guy with a love for life and a slightly goofy personality. Well, that's me in a nutshell! see ya'll in august!
Peace,
Luis Garcia
luisgarciasos@gmail.com

7 comments:

Lena said...

hey -

ive done some missionary work too...where have you gone?

lena

Irene Chen said...

hey i've done some missionary work too in taiwan.

- irene

Anna said...

Yay for other Marylanders!

LuisGarcia said...

Hey! I've done missionary work in Ecuador and the Dominican Republic (being fluent in spanish usually helps with that).

LuisGarcia said...

Anna, where do you live in MD?

Lena, where have you gone for missionary work and what organizations have you gone with?

Irene, that's awesome you've been to Taiwan. I'm guessing from your name that you are Asian, if so where from?

Peace!
- Luis Garcia

Lena said...

hey luis

ive been to scotland, new zealand, south africa and china...and up and down the east coast. i usually go with my church or with a group called teen mania...theyre kinda big, not sure how much. im thinking of heading back to africa some time next summer

lena

Anna said...

Luis,
I'm originally from Anne Arundel County (south of Baltimore), but right now I'm living in PG County by College Park. :)